- Adware enables keylogging, which compromises users' passwords.
- Its computational capabilities can be used to perform 3rd party tasks, thus slowing down every process.
- Malware steals user data, compromising browser information and saved passwords.
- Confidentiality of the data is lost and may even be made public.
- Malware employs digital fingerprinting techniques against users.
- Adware can monitor users’ behaviour.
Indicators of Compromise1. Promoted URLs-
- d2sri[.]com (Safari)
- search[.]locatorunit[.]com (Google Chrome)
- Don’t open suspicious, irrelevant emails, especially when they are from unknown/ suspicious senders.
- Block the installation of programs from unknown sources.
- Download only from a relevant and trusted source.
- Update/ activate apps/ products with the support provided by genuine developers. Although it may be tempting, avoid installing cracked apps from third party sources as they could be infected with malware.
- Software should be kept up-to-date.
- Anti-virus is essential.